A VALUE-BASED SALES STRATEGY FOR CALLING ON MARKETING EXECUTIVESMarketing executives are under more pressure than ever to support company-wide goals. This makes it more important than ever for sales organizations to know what matters most to Marketing Executives and tailor the message to show how their solution helps achieve those goals through the lens of marketing. This piece provides information and examples on the strategies, initiatives, and operational KPIs that Marketing Executives are held to, and questions you can ask to move the conversation forward.
Our goal is to help you sell more effectively to Marketing Executives in B2C industries like Retail, Banking, Insurance, Travel, and Hospitality.
STRATEGIES AND INITIATIVES TO GROW REVENUE
When Marketing Executives are looking for a new solution, they want to know how it will help them achieve their company-wide goals. This means that sales organizations must be able to articulate the value of their solution in terms of how it will help Marketing Executives meet their KPIs.
Below see two examples of key strategies marketing executives are focused on, and the initiatives you can speak to that help achieve those strategies.
(Click to view larger in a separate window)
OPERATIONAL KPIS THAT DRIVE THESE INITIATIVES
Here are the operational KPIs you should focus on when speaking to the initiatives that drive these core strategies for marketing executives:
- Customer Churn
- Cross-sell / Up-sell
- New Customers
- Online Sales
- Marketing Campaign Response Rate
- Number of Campaigns
10 QUESTIONS TO ASK
Here are questions you can ask to help start the conversation:
- Are you delivering distinct web and mobile experiences for each of your customers, delivering different content and offerings depending on who's on the receiving end?
- Are you delivering relevant and personal offers to acquire customers, reduce churn and strengthen customer loyalty?
- As smartphones increasingly become part of the retail experience, how are you investing to create a mobile-first shopping experience?
- Have you been able to develop a comprehensive 360 view of each customer extracting intelligence from all touch points and channels? Are you unifying your online and offline data collection from traditional and non-traditional sources to provide a single view?
- How accurately are you predicting customer response to price changes, promotions, and marketing programs?
- How are you integrating across all customer channels, including mobile and social, to present a single and consistent customer experience?
- How are you participating in the revival of loyalty programs using customer data analytics? How are you able to craft propositions in a more meaningful, personalized way thereby providing more reason to be loyal?
- How are you using personalized marketing to upsell and increase sales? Do you track conversion metrics to reveal what results in a purchase?
- How effectively are you measuring the results of your marketing campaign spend across digital and offline channels to derive actionable insights?
- How effectively have you been able to exploit omnichannel growth across online, mobile, and social channels?
CREATE YOUR OWN INDUSTRY BLUEPRINT IN 6 STEPS
Now that you've read through this example, use our 6-step Industry Blueprint Guide to create your own playbook. Happy selling!